When I got this piece to work on I had no idea what to expect. It had been well used and most recently was home to spiders and other small critters in a garage. After a very careful cleaning and a bleach wash the transformation began. The owners had an of idea of what they wanted but gave me the freedom to be a bit creative with the finish.
I knew it needed to have a primer underneath as the old wood likely would bleed a yellow or pink stain. After priming I started off with Dixie Belle Sawmill Gravy and used Voodoo Up in Smoke Gel Stain. The icing on this piece was glaze made with Annie Sloan Dark Wax and mineral spirits.
I was so appreciative of the owners to give me creative liberty and really enjoyed experimenting to get this finish. We found all the original hardware and with a good cleaning and polishing they were perfect to add back on the piece! I truly love this finish!