Black Magic Dresser

This project was an experiment that I worked on for a number of months, I took my time doing repairs and carefully plotted out all the details. The minute I saw this at Goodwill in Fishers my head started spinning with all the possibilities. I knew it needed to be black and now it shines with rustic copper accents. The top has a crackle texture finish that is sealed for daily use. An important piece of trim was missing on the front of the drawer and I used IOD molds and air dry paper clay to update the look and and add balance back to the front. I tried a new chalk paint and gave Magnolia Farms paint a chance. I found it nice to work with and easy to apply. To finish off the piece I used a high gloss black paint and added some detailing with a bohemian stencil in the center to accent the flat finish on the front.